The following qualifications pertain to all applicants for ministerial recognition:
- Salvation: Testimony of having experienced the new birth (John 3:5).
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Testimony to having received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 2:4).
- Evidence of call: Clear evidence of a divine call to ministry, evidenced by a personal conviction, confirmed by the work of the Spirit and the testimony of fellow ministers.
- Christian Character: A blameless Christian life and good report of those who are without (Titus 1:7, 1 Timothy 3:7).
- Doctrinal position: A thorough understanding of and agreement with the doctrinal position of the Assemblies of God as contained in the Statement of Fundamental Truths.
- Assemblies of God polity: A satisfactory working knowledge of the principles, practices and purposes of the Fellowship through a study of the General Council and Penn-Del District Constitution and Bylaws.
- Commitment to the Fellowship: An active loyalty to the constitutional agreements, a cooperative spirit, and a readiness to seek and receive the counsel of those in positions of authority.