20 Sep NYSUM Outreach
Every November, the PennDel Christian Education department hosts a young adult outreach trip to the New York School of Urban Ministry (NYSUM) in New York City. Young adults, single or married, are eligible to participate.
We travel to very public areas under the direction of a New York School of Urban Ministry staff member and spend two evenings on the streets ministering to the homeless. We minister in a variety of venues throughout the city feeding thousands a full Thanksgiving dinner. Each group can choose a church to attend, from Brooklyn Tabernacle to Times Square Church. There are several benefits to making this outreach a part of your church:
- We do all the work; you just extend the offer and mail in the registration.
- This is a great way for young adults and singles to connect in your church.
- People return home with a more outreach-minded outlook.
- Couples who minister together, stay together.
- New York City is one of the most international cities in the world.
- This is one of the most affordable mission’s trips you will find available.
- Your people will never be the same!
This outreach is targeted to young adults, but is open to anyone over the age of 18 years old. In the past we have had participation from people of every generation. As we divide the teams for ministry, we will group those of similar age together. Please pass this information to the appropriate person(s) who will coordinate this for your church. We are willing to help in any way we can; please contact our office!!
2013 NYSUM Cover Letter
2013 NYSUM Roster
2013 NYSUM Brochure Inside
2013 NYSUM Brochure Outside